OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviewer Accepting without logging in .i.e. by email

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby pashton » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:36 pm

Hi

When a reviewer gets sent a review request it states:

While you can reply and review by email, you also have the option of visiting our journal website to see (or print out) the full text, accept or decline this invitation, and record your recommendation

However it is unclear how the journal manager can up date the status of the reviewer to 'accepted' themselves. It seems the only way to do this is for the reviewer to log in and do it themselves. Is this correct? Or is there a way to update the status of an article for a reviewer who is disinclined to log in.

Kind Rgeards

Paul
pashton

Postby blake » Tue May 03, 2005 2:02 pm

Yes!

I've been asking for this feature for about a year.

BH
blake

Postby rsshaw » Wed May 04, 2005 11:13 pm

It looks to me that the managing editor can go to the users section, get the reviewers profile which has his password in the clear, then login as the reviewer and modify status. Kludgey but might work.
rsshaw

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion