OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

PayPal integration?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

PayPal integration?

Postby newbie » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:56 am

I have installed PKP and am playing around with the membership options. Is it possible to integrate the subscriber option here with PayPal or other ecommerce providers so that users must also pay to have access to certain articles?

Subscriptions

Postby ramon » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:30 am

As of my current knowledge, OJS does not possess any integration with paying services, PAY-PAL for that matter.

The subscriptions module was created by a third party, and implemented by the PKP team as of version 1.1.8.

It should be an interesting project to take on if you wish...

Good luck with that.
ramon

paypal

Postby newbie » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:29 pm

Interesting. I am not a programmer. I did read through the paypal integration guide and it would be interesting to play with it and see if it could be added to the pkp code. There is a rather detailed integration guide that I've been reading through. It's simply beyond the scope of my abilities right now, but I'm going to keep working on it. If I do manage to get it to work, I'll let you know.

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion