OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems displaying full text in html

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problems displaying full text in html

Postby Licenciado Vidriera » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:49 am

I have uploaded and a published an article for testing.

Code: Select all
Prueba de envio
Prueba ppl plpllp, plpllp

Abstract
 Esto es una prueba para comprobar el funcionamiento del flujo de trabajo.

Full Text: HTML | PDF

I can see the full text in PDF but not in HTML. When showing HTML only a part of the document appears: Prueba para la â??Rev. The source code obtained for the article is:

Code: Select all
<!-- ************** article ************** -->
<table width="550" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
   <td align="left" width="550" valign="top">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
   <META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
   <TITLE></TITLE>
   <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="OpenOffice.org 1.1.1  (Linux)">
   <META NAME="CREATED" CONTENT="20050405;9483400">
   <META NAME="CHANGED" CONTENT="20050405;11201400">
</HEAD>
<BODY LANG="es-ES" DIR="LTR">
<P>Prueba para la ?Rev<br />
   </td>
</tr>
</table>

<!-- ****************************** Footer ****************************** -->

I got that HTML using "save as" option in Open Office. When I open the HTML file without OJS (just loading it from the browser) it seems to be OK. Does anybody know what I did wrong?
Licenciado Vidriera

Article's HTML

Postby ramon » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:39 am

Licenciado,

I haven't seen this kind of problem before.

I have not used OpenOffice for HTML generation, but my experience with text editor's HTML is not to use it.

I would recommend using NVU, as a free HTML editor option. Just copy and paste your text to it, and it will generate a much cleaner code, close to Dreamweaver's.

You may want to try activating the Output_Buffer variable in php.ini, or check the magic_quotes_gpc variable too...
ramon

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:58 pm

Thank you Ramon. I'll try to modify those variables at php.ini to see if the problem is solved.

The HTML code generated with Open Office includes several style tags. Could it be the problem? Anywhere I edited the file and deleted those tags leaving it as shown in the code above. The result was the same so, are the "meta" tags the problem? What can I do?

HTML Rendering Problem

Postby ramon » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:20 am

Licenciado,

The meta tags shouldn't cause any problems.

You may also want to check the character set of your browser, OJS installation and your server. They may cause html rendering problems.
ramon

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:09 am

I have checked all those features and still have the same problem. The charset used in installation, browser and server is ISO-8859-1. Any suggestions?

PS. In which part of code is OJS rebuilding the html document?

Postby kevin » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:59 am

OJS does some munging of the HTML document to try to extract the stylesheet -- that could be causing the problem. This is done in admin/include/galleyupload.php
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion