OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Open Access for Reviews (making them viewable to all)

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Open Access for Reviews (making them viewable to all)

Postby LeeB » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:20 pm

hi,

One of the clients i am installing OJS for, would like to know / investigate the possibility of making the reviewing process more open for the users in the Journal. The client is a lecturer at my university and takes a paper in which the users(students) in the journal are writing an article and it gets reviewed by their peers and other lecturers which is then published once it has been revised

The thing is , since this is supposed to be a learning experience for the students the lecturer would like to make to reviews and draft articles public to all so everyone can read them.

Does anyone know if this is possible in OJS? or if it will be included
The lecturer concerned thought it would be a good 'project' for some one to invesitgate !
is any one running another journal in this manner?
What are your thoughts on this ?
LeeB

Re: Open Access for Reviews (making them viewable to all)

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:55 am

Hi Lee,

We've had many discussions within the team about "open" reviews, and we're certainly interested in supporting it, but the open review model at the moment is evolving fast and we haven't opted to commit to a particular model yet. (See, for example, http://www.nature.com/nature/peerreview/debate/nature05535.html for information on Nature's trial process.)

If you'd like to work on this as a project, feel free to describe what you have in mind and I should be able to suggest a few places to start.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby astridvanwesenbeeck » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 am

Hi Alec,
I was wondering if there is anything new concerning this open review issue. I need it for one of our new journals and I am developing an alternative now but it would be better if OJS offers Open Review.
Thanks!
Astrid
astridvanwesenbeeck

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:46 am

Hi Astrid,

Alec may have a more comprehensive response, but I don't recall this coming up concretely during recent development discussions. We're always happy to hear of increased interest in a possible development topic, of course.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion