OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

documents of the Open Journal System

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

documents of the Open Journal System

Postby newComer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:25 am

Where could I find the documents of the OJS? Thank you!
newComer

Documents??

Postby ramon » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:52 am

what documents are you referring to?

If it's the submission files, they are in a folder (should be outside of the ojs folder for security reasons!) in your server..

The system files are inside the ojs folder..
ramon

documents about the system itself, getting start

Postby newComer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:50 am

Thank you for kindly reply. I mean the documents of the system itself, like the structure of the system, and etc. Anyway, I have not been that far. For the moment I just put the system into web server and tried index.php lots of errors. Then I tried install.php, much better. but still errors prevent me from going ahead to config database. I just copy a few lines here:

===========================

Notice: Undefined index: journalLocale in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testphp\ojs\install.php on line 90

Notice: Constant JOURNAL_TITLE already defined in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testphp\ojs\locale\en\install.inc.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined variable: op in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testphp\ojs\install.php on line 93
Language:
Open Journal Systems: Installation open journal systems | Notify

Begin Installation
Welcome to Open Journal Systems v1.1.9
newComer

windows installation

Postby ramon » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:25 pm

newComer,

It seems you don't have your apache configured correctly.

Check your apache's configuration file (httpd.conf) and the php.ini configuration. It may be the output_buffer variable...not really sure without being there.

You're trying to install it on Windows I assume.. I've had problems with windows because of permission and addressing problems mostly.

If you try Xampp's triad you may find it easier to run things...

I don't know how to redirect the server to use another e-mail server, so the system works correctly.. You might want to look that up..

I've only used Unix to really test the system...but there are those who have managed to run it without problems on windows...

good luck....
ramon

Postby kevin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:32 pm

As noted in other postings in this forum, use the default error_reporting level in your php.ini to avoid such notice messages.
kevin

installation

Postby newComer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:23 pm

Thank you Ramon. Yes it is a windoes system. In fact, I am trying to put it with IIS. Will try Aparche and see. Thank you.
newComer

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion