OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Sorry, this journal is currently not accepting submissions.

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Sorry, this journal is currently not accepting submissions.

Postby guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:09 am

I am using OJS to manage a medical journal. which started in 1923. They have all these journals in a backlog for all these years. I need to continuously submit articles as a chief author for all those years to Date. I skipped a day to submit articles and loging in to submit i get the following message in Step 1.

Sorry, this journal is currently not accepting submissions. Please check back later.

I cant check back later what can i change so that i can submit all my articles continously without this encounter.???
Urgent please.... :cry:

Journal is currently not accepting submissions message

Postby ramon » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:20 am

Dear Guest,

I'm not sure if I will answer your question, but check this post for a little reference on how to publish previous issues.

What I believe is happening is that your sections are not allowing users to publish. Check the section configuration, for it may allowing only editors to publish.

Apparently you have submitted before, so what also happen is that the system does not allow to publish in previous issues... I'm not sure if you need to check the update for this that has been posted on this forum..
ramon

Postby guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:45 am

Dear Guest,

I'm not sure if I will answer your question, but check this post for a little reference on how to publish previous issues.

What I believe is happening is that your sections are not allowing users to publish. Check the section configuration, for it may allowing only editors to publish.

Apparently you have submitted before, so what also happen is that the system does not allow to publish in previous issues... I'm not sure if you need to check the update for this that has been posted on this forum..

i have checked my section configurations they are all okay. all i need to do is to ensure continuous submission of the articles mannually via the whole editorial process. am the author and editor of this journal so is there anything i can change in the code to avoid this message.

Sorry, this journal is currently not accepting submissions. Please check back later.

Postby kevin » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:03 pm

Do you have the "Restricted to editors (e.g., Editorials), with no one else's submissions permitted" option selected for all of your sections?

Unless this is a new bug, that is the only thing that would cause that behaviour.
kevin

Postby kevin » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:09 pm

Actually, on further inspection it could also occur if you selected the "Authors select the journal editor..." rather than "Authors select the journal section..." option in step 2 of journal setup, and do not have any editors assigned to sections.

But the previous post is probably the more likely scenario.
kevin

Postby guest » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:43 am

Thanks alot, i have changed both options. the message in step 1 is no longer there. However, in Step 2 the section to put the Meta data is not available. It only ends ate the Submission Title.

:(

Problem viewing form in Step 2

Postby ramon » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:35 am

I'm not sure if I understood your problem.

It seems the form is not showing on the screen...

Either you have a server problem (not likely!) or you have not defined the Metadata terms for you journal.

Please be a bit more descriptive of the screen so that Kevin can assess what is really happening...
ramon

Postby guest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:02 am

1. Submission Author(s)
If there is more than one author, you'll be asked to specify the order in which they should appear on the article.
* Indicates fields that must be completed to proceed.
Name* :
First Name Middle Surname
Affiliation:
Email* :
Biographical Statement:

2. Submission Title*

Press 'Save/Continue' to submit the information on this page and move on to the next step.

You may return at any time to continue the submission process at the page you left off.

The form is getting to that point, i cant paste any metadata number 3.what could be wrong?

Postby kevin » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:00 am

You have to select the additional metadata fields you wish to use in journal setup step 3.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion