OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

getdoc.php not configured correctly

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

getdoc.php not configured correctly

Postby spodick » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:35 am

We are trying to test the OJS system, and have run into a configuration problem of some kind. We can have authors submitting file, and we can assign them reviewers, etc. But once the file has bee uploaded, we have not been able to successfully retrieve it yet. This is true for retrievals with the getdoc.php and the supplementaryedit.php program.

It appears that the php is looking in a 2004 subfolder of the ojs/admin/include directory, rather than going to the ojs/admin/author/2004 directory, which os where the files have been successfully uploaded.

So either there is a misconfiguration somewhere or the incorrect path information was stored in the mysql database. I suspect a misconfiguration, but have been unable to track it down.

I am supposed to show an extremely crude mockup to some people tomorrow, although don't let that stop you making a suggestion if it is beyond that - please!

Suggestions desperately desired.

-Edward
spodick

Postby kevin » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:27 pm

What did you set the "Files path" value to when you installed OJS (this corresponds to the chFilePath field in the tbljournal table in the database)?

From the sounds of it, you left this field blank during installation, since ojs/admin/author is an odd place for files to be uploaded to unless you set the files path to that directory for some reason.
kevin

You're right

Postby spodick » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:13 pm

Yup - that was indeed the case. I went back to the relevant step in the install.php and set that value, which fixed that problem. Thanks!

I had another issue,, but I will post that in a separate thread.

-Edward
spodick

ChFilePath

Postby jfenton » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:21 pm

Thanks for the tip!
One note: ChFilePath is in tbljournalconfig, not tbljournal
jfenton

Postby Martin Fietkiewicz » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:13 am

what are the potential risks if i rename the install file back into its original install.php name and run it to try to fix the above issue? basically, what's the worst that could happen?
Martin Fietkiewicz

Postby kevin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:38 am

Assuming you do not restrict access to the file (e.g., via an Apache .htaccess file), it is possible someone could access the script and use it to overwrite settings, rendering your site inaccessible or creating a new editor account, for example.

Of course, if you only restore the script for a few minutes the likelihood of this happening is probably very slim.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion