OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

TO EXPORT METADATAS

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

TO EXPORT METADATAS

Postby jbdj » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:04 pm

John,

I need a tool that export the metadatas from OJS in MARC format.

Do you know someone?

Best Regards,

João Bosco Delfino Jr.
jbdj

Postby jkeisers » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:43 am

We developed a tool that exports OJS metadata to METS/MODS XML objects for the ingestion into our Digital Library Repository, which is based on Fedora (http://www.fedora.info). MODS is a subset of MARC, and MODS can be mapped to MARC (http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mo ... pping.html).
jkeisers

TO EXPORT METADATAS

Postby jbdj » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:10 pm

Can I use this tool that you implemented?
jbdj

Postby jkeisers » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:23 am

Maybe. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Our tool creates XML files using METS, that contain the descriptive metadata in MODS. The MODS data are generated from the Dublin Core metadata in the OJS database and some additional metadata. MODS can easily be mapped to MARC using XSLT. The result will be a MARC record in XML format.

LOC standards: http://www.loc.gov/standards/
jkeisers

TO EXPORT METADATAS

Postby jbdj » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:39 am

This is what I want; a tool that give me a XML file in MARC format. I think that your tool is what I need. As you said, after of basic tool process; I just will need to transform the MODS in MARC.

The tool is free? Can I use?
jbdj

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:36 am

Yes, I can send it to you.

TO EXPORT METADATAS

Postby jbdj » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:49 am

Thanks John.

How do you will send it for me?, email? (I think that the tool is very big for to send through the email, no?)

Is there some especific site, that I can to do the download of tool?
jbdj

Postby jkeisers » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:23 am

Hi,

We don't have a download site. It's only two files. The script creates the descriptive metadata in both DC and MODS format from the data in the OJS database, and it generates a METS-based XML file from it. If you e-mail me, I'll send you the files. You can e-mail me using the e-mail address in my profile here.

Thanks.
jkeisers

TO EXPORT METADATAS

Postby jbdj » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:34 am

Ok, I'm sending a email to you right now.
jbdj

Postby jbdj » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:09 am

John,

I received and input the files in the following order:

jornal/rst/include/xmlgenconfig.inc.php
journal/xml_module/index.html
journal/xml_module/pre_xml.php
journal/xml_module/xml
journal/xml_module/xml_generator.php

and now? What the next step?
how I make with that the files work?
jbdj

Postby jkeisers » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:27 pm

jbdj wrote:I received and input the files in the following order:

jornal/rst/include/xmlgenconfig.inc.php
journal/xml_module/index.html
journal/xml_module/pre_xml.php
journal/xml_module/xml
journal/xml_module/xml_generator.php

and now? What the next step?

You need a writeable directory named 'xml' under xml_module/. That is where the generated xml will be stored.

You can generate and view MODS records by running 'pre_xml.php'. You won't need part of the functionality in xml_generator.php. You can just delete that part of the code.

MARC can be generated from MODS by using a stylesheet that you can download from: http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/

--john
jkeisers

Postby jbdj » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:16 pm

Thanks John,

When I executed the pre_xml.php file, the folowing warnings occurred:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ojs/www/geociencias/xml_module/pre_xml.php:8 ) in /home/ojs/www/geociencias/include/session.inc.php on line 63

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/ojs/www/geociencias/xml_module/pre_xml.php:8 ) in /home/ojs/www/geociencias/include/session.inc.php on line 63

And when I was trying to generate a xml file, the folowing warnings occurred:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ojs/www/geociencias/xml_module/xml_generator.php:14) in /home/ojs/www/geociencias/include/session.inc.php on line 63

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/ojs/www/geociencias/xml_module/xml_generator.php:14) in /home/ojs/www/geociencias/include/session.inc.php on line 63

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for submitted_files/2004/PCSP-2004-198.djvu (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/ojs/www/geociencias/xml_module/xml_generator.php on line 228

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for submitted_files/2004/PCSP-2004-198.pdf (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/ojs/www/geociencias/xml_module/xml_generator.php on line 230

Warning: sha1_file(): Unable to open file in /home/ojs/www/geociencias/xml_module/xml_generator.php on line 233

Warning: sha1_file(): Unable to open file in /home/ojs/www/geociencias/xml_module/xml_generator.php on line 234

How can I fix thise problems?
jbdj

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion