OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

problems in complete proofreading...

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

problems in complete proofreading...

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:59 pm

hi all,

in submission editing

i have initialized the proofreading section..

after that, i try to complete it..

but it doesn't show the date in complete column even i have clicked many times the complete button

how to make it complete and publish it??? :x

Postby kevin » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:30 pm

The date should appear in the "Complete" column as soon as the proofreader sends the "Proofreading Complete" email (the form for which should appear when the proofreader clicks on the "Complete" button).

Note, of course, that you can select "Queue for Scheduling" to publish the article at any time regardless.
kevin

same problem +

Postby Another Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:33 am

Hello,

i have the same problem as desribed by Guest + i get the following errors:

Code: Select all
Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: Called with an empty time parameter. in
ojs11\admin\include\table6.php on line 223

Warning: date() [function.date]: Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in
ojs11\admin\include\table6.php on line 223

I get these errors everytime i enter the "Submission Editing | Edit"-Screen.

I'm using OJS 1.1.10. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Best Regards,
Another Guest
Another Guest

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:35 am

Hi all,

i found somthing out about my problem described above. The error massages (see "Code" above) appeared (and stayed visible) after pressing the "Queue for Scheduling" button. This problem seems to be linked to php5. After switching back to php4 the error messages did not recur.
But still the completion of proofreading does not happen. The date of completion will not be recorded. When the "Complete" button is pressed a blank window (might be the email window) appears with a diaolog window in front of it which says "Proofreading completed.". Here you have the option to press "Ok". After pressing "OK" both windows close. You are not able to send the email like in all the other steps before.
Maybe this helps to narrow the problem down. Is it maybe a WinXP issue? Why are all other steps working right?

I hope someone has any suggestions,
Another Guest

Postby kevin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:55 pm

Seems to be a bug...

Index: admin/include/table6.php
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ojs/admin/include/table6.php,v
retrieving revision 1.166
diff -u -r1.166 table6.php
--- admin/include/table6.php    7 Mar 2004 05:59:22 -0000       1.166
+++ admin/include/table6.php    1 Aug 2005 19:53:27 -0000
@@ -220,7 +220,7 @@
        if ($bSchedule == 0) {
                echo "<input type=\"submit\" class=\"button\" name=\"schedule\" value=\""._tr('QUEUE_FOR_SCHEDULING')."\" OnClick=\"return(confirm('"._tr('CONFIRM_QUEUE_FOR_SCHEDULING')."'))\">&nbsp;&nbsp;";
        } else {
-               echo _tr('QUEUE_FOR_SCHEDULING').":&nbsp;&nbsp;".date("Y/m/d", strtotime($row["dtDateSchedule"]))."&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;";
+               echo _tr('QUEUE_FOR_SCHEDULING').":&nbsp;&nbsp;".date("Y/m/d", strtotime($dtDateSchedule))."&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;";
        }

if($bArchive == 0) {

The strtotime behaviour with an empty string seems to have changed in PHP 5 (previously it returned the current time), so that's probably why this was never noticed before.
kevin

Postby Another Guest » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:26 pm

Hi Kevin,

I really do appreciate your effort. Your post solved the problem with the error messages and now it works fine with php5. Thank you for that.
But the problem with the completion of proofreeding still keeps unsolved. When you hit the "Complete" button nothing happens. Of course editors are able to publish an article anyways. But from an authors point of view the submissions keep uncompleted, right? Or will the submissions remain in the "Track" section? By the way, is there a version of "OJS in an hour" for the pre OJS2 version available?

Beste Regards,
Another Guest
Another Guest

Postby kevin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:09 pm

But the problem with the completion of proofreeding still keeps unsolved. When you hit the "Complete" button nothing happens.

I can't repeat any problem, so your guess is as good as mine. Proofreader clicks "Complete", a pop-up window opens for the "Proofreading Completed" email, proofreader clicks "Send Email", the main window reloads and the completed date is shown.

By the way, is there a version of "OJS in an hour" for the pre OJS2 version available?

Not that I'm aware of.
kevin

Postby Another Guest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:49 am

Hi, Kevin.

Unfortunately that is not the behavior i look at. I quote what i look at once again:

When the "Complete" button is pressed a blank window (might be the email window) appears with a diaolog window in front of it which says "Proofreading completed.". Here you have the option to press "Ok". After pressing "OK" both windows close. You are not able to send the email like in all the other steps before.

The "Complete" field keeps blank. Maybe someone else encounters the same problem and has an idea. So far i will try out the version from the cvs repository.

Thanks for your effort,
Another Guest
Another Guest

Postby Another Guest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:51 am

Hi,

again i found something out about the problem discussed here. I wasn't able to complete the proofreading because i didn't assign a proofreader. since i assigned one i could complete the proofreading. The initial editor was not able to complete proofreading for himself.
I also found another bug when entering a users proofreader section:

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: Called with an empty time parameter. in
ojs\admin\include\requests.php on line 159

Warning: date() [function.date]: Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in
ojs\admin\include\requests.php on line 159

I guess it's the same bug resulting from the strtotime behaviour with an empty string (see Kevin's post above) in connection with php5. Just wanted you to know.
I also got another question: Will the submissions stay in an authors "Track" section after publishing the article? After i published articles the submissions stay in the authors "Track" section where he can still view the status. Is this intended?

Best Regards,
Another Guest
Another Guest

Postby kevin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:24 pm

Will the submissions stay in an authors "Track" section after publishing the article?

yes
kevin

another strtotime bug

Postby Another Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:44 am

Hi,
i found another bug linked to the strtotime behavior:

ojs\admin\editor\editor.php on line 233

ojs\admin\editor\editor.php on line 233

Just to let you know.
Another Guest

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion