OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

css problem on TOC?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

css problem on TOC?

Postby jason » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:10 am

On our main page where we have our table of contents (http://www.theharrow.com/journal/index.php) it seems as if the text is being cut off... Where I'm expecting "HTML | PDF", I only see "HTML |" The same occurs in viewissue.php, but I'm sure I've seen it correct elsewhere.
jason

Postby kevin » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:15 pm

Thanks for finding this -- it is a bug when using "publish by year" mode. You can fix the problem by making a one line change to viewissue.php:

Code: Select all
--- viewissue.php       12 Jul 2004 09:02:35 -0000      1.153
+++ viewissue.php       15 Dec 2004 01:12:46 -0000
@@ -98,7 +98,7 @@
                }

// Get the articles being published
-               $articlequery = $db->query("SELECT nArticleID, fkIssueID, tblarticles.chMetaTitle AS articletitle, tblsections.chTitle AS sectiontitle, fkSectionID, bContentsNumber, bContentsLinkPage, dtDateHTMLGalleyCreated, dtDatePDFGalleyCreated, dtDatePostScriptGalleyCreated, fkPublishStatusID FROM tblarticles, tblsections WHERE nSectionID = fkSectionID AND bPublished = 1 AND DATE_FORMAT(dtDatePublished, '%Y') = '$id' ORDER BY nOrder");
+               $articlequery = $db->query("SELECT nArticleID, fkIssueID, tblarticles.chMetaTitle AS articletitle, tblsections.chTitle AS sectiontitle, fkSectionID, bContentsNumber, bContentsLinkPage, dtDateHTMLGalleyCreated, dtDatePDFGalleyCreated, dtDatePostScriptGalleyCreated, fkFilePDFID, fkFilePostScriptID, fkPublishStatusID FROM tblarticles, tblsections WHERE nSectionID = fkSectionID AND bPublished = 1 AND DATE_FORMAT(dtDatePublished, '%Y') = '$id' ORDER BY nOrder");

// Get the sections for this issue (for the Table of Contents)
                $sectionquery = $db->query("select distinct nSectionID, tblsections.chTitle as sectiontitle from tblsections, tblarticles where nSectionID = fkSectionID and bPublished = 1 order by nRank");
kevin

Postby jasonnolan » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:03 pm

Thanks. I'll try that.
jasonnolan

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion