OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Help with OJS setup under Windows

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Help with OJS setup under Windows

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:30 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there has successfully setup OJS in a Windows environment ?
And if you would be willing to share their experiences.

I would like to set it up on a Windows XP or 2003 machine with Internet Information Server 6, MySQL and PHP 5

I think quite a few things have to reconfigured in the OJS install scripts to even complete the initial setup of this journal system.

I was hoping someone could share what changes they made in order to make it work under windows.

Appreciate any help.

regards
Gul

Re: Help with OJS setup under Windows

Postby jkeisers » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:54 am

Anonymous wrote:I was wondering if anyone out there has successfully setup OJS in a Windows environment ? And if you would be willing to share their experiences.

I would like to set it up on a Windows XP or 2003 machine with Internet Information Server 6, MySQL and PHP 5

I think quite a few things have to reconfigured in the OJS install scripts to even complete the initial setup of this journal system.

I was hoping someone could share what changes they made in order to make it work under windows.

I have OJS installed on a Windows 2000 workstation and on my Win98SE laptop for development purposes. No special 'reconfiguration was necessary'. I'm running Apache 1.3.x, PHP 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.x. In addition, the Windows 2000 machine has Perl, Python and Tomcat installed. Our production environment is Red Hat Linux however.

I stay away from Win XP because I don't like the service packs. Win 2003 is still in beta (no matter what MS says). I would avoid using PHP 5 for OJS, because it was developed on PHP 4. I wouldn't use IIS either.

--john
jkeisers

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:08 pm

thanks for the reply John,

I have OJS working on Win2k/apache/mysql/php5, test machine.

But to put it on a production machine it will have to be on WinXP/2003/ IIS, since our computing environment only has Windows products.

I'll have to try hard to convince the management to move towards Apache, but I'll try.

thanks
gul

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion