OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

can not install ojs

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

can not install ojs

Postby sshjo » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:55 am

:(
after decompressing the ojs, running install.php scripts gives me uncountable notices, the configuration settings are also full of notices.am using php 4.2.1 and mysql ver. 4.2.0.

am not sure what the problem is because i have checked my php.ini for relevant settings but still the same problem persists. pliiiiiiiiz help! :(
sshjo

Re: can not install ojs

Postby ramon » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:02 am

sshjo wrote::(
after decompressing the ojs, running install.php scripts gives me uncountable notices, the configuration settings are also full of notices.am using php 4.2.1 and mysql ver. 4.2.0.

am not sure what the problem is because i have checked my php.ini for relevant settings but still the same problem persists. pliiiiiiiiz help! :(

It would be interesting to know what kind of errors are being displayed.

Mostly, installation errors occur because of:
- folder permission problems (sould be 775)
- owner of folder is different from web/apache owner (chown command). The user should be the same (run a ps -ef | grep apache to display the owner of the apache folder)
- the mysql user and password are not correct. Check with your support team.
ramon

Postby kevin » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:09 am

If you are receiving a lot of PHP notice messages, you should decrease the error_reporting level in your php.ini to the default value.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion