OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Using the SUBMISSION_DECISION_REVIEWERS email template

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Using the SUBMISSION_DECISION_REVIEWERS email template

Postby melanieschlosser » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:31 am

I notice there is a template in the prepared emails section that is meant to allow an editor to notify the reviewers of an article about the editorial decision - is there a place in the workflow to call it? We would like to be able to thank the reviewers for their help and let them know what the final outcome was, but it's not a step that is built into the editorial process. The closest thing I've been able to find is the option to copy the author notification after sending, with the reviewers in the BCC, which is not quite the same thing. Am I missing something? Is there a place where the option to use that email template appears? Thanks!
- Melanie Schlosser, Ohio State University Libraries
melanieschlosser

Re: Using the SUBMISSION_DECISION_REVIEWERS email template

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:13 am

Hi Melanie,

The template you mention is the one invoked when you select the "BCC" option. It's not truly a BCC -- you should be given the opportunity to tweak the message language after you've sent to the Author, but before it goes to Reviewers, and this second message is sent separately.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby melanieschlosser » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Alec - When I use the BCC function, the email that appears in the template is the same one that went to the author. ("We have reached a decision regarding your submission to XML Galley Test Journal, "testing instructions". Our decision is to:...") The template addressed to the reviewers never comes up.
melanieschlosser

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Melanie,

I've just double-checked with OJS 2.4.4-1, and after sending the message to the author, you should be taken to a second email compose window. It has the template you're mentioning ("As one of the reviewers for the submission, ...") followed by the text of the email just composed to the author. Are you not seeing the same behavior? Are you using the same version of OJS?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion