OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Report generator issue / not collecting statistics

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Report generator issue / not collecting statistics

Postby antoniapop » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Hello,

I am having trouble collecting statistics and generating reports using an OJS site. I have tried generating custom reports several times, and a csv file is generated, but it is always blank. No analytical information is being stored, although I am certain that content has been viewed and downloaded.

Also, running the "OJS usage statistics report" generates a csv file that contains the following error:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function getLocalizedTitle() on a non-object in /var/www/html/ojs_ucal/pages/manager/StatisticsHandler.inc.php on line 357"

I have enlisted help from IT staff and we have not been able to understand what might be wrong.

Any guidance or advice you could offer would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Antonia
antoniapop

Re: Report generator issue / not collecting statistics

Postby bbeghelli » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:03 am

Hi Antonia,

Sorry the late reply. Can you apply this patch (https://github.com/beghelli/ojs/commit/ ... c1128.diff) and see if it works now?

Thanks,
Bruno
bbeghelli

Postby bbeghelli » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:31 am

Hi Antonia,

Your error is fixed and now it's a recommended patch: http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title= ... ed_Patches

The bug entry for this is: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8806

Regards,
Bruno
bbeghelli

Postby antoniapop » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:42 am

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for the suggestion. The patch solved the "fatal error" in the OJS usage statistics report and that report is now collecting data.

I have also tried generating custom reports to see article downloads, TOC page views, or journal page views, and the custom reports are blank. I know for certain that there should be some data there. Is there anything you would recommend for this issue?

Thanks again! Your help is much appreciated.

Antonia
antoniapop

Postby bbeghelli » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi Antonia,

Sorry the long time to reply, I just saw your question inside your last message today.

In the plugin management page, inside the generic plugins category, find the acron plugin and please make sure it is enabled. Also, make sure you click on the "reload scheduled tasks" action.

Also, pay attention to the time period you are using to generate the custom reports. You must have usage stats for that period to see something in the report.

If you follow those recommendations and still can't see any data, check if you have files inside your ojs files folder, under usageStats/processed folder. If you have not, please make sure with you system admin that the user that runs php have access read and write access to the ojs files folder, specially the usageStats and below.

The process to read the log files and grab statistics from it runs once every day. So, after you check what I said above, wait for one more day and check again the reports. If you can't find any data still, let us know.

Cheers,
Bruno
bbeghelli

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion