OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Readers registering as authors and reviewers

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Readers registering as authors and reviewers

Postby ramon » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:19 pm

Hello Ojsers,

Unfortunately, just now I have realized this issue I´m about to discuss.... :(

The system allows any reader (after registering to be notified!) to register as an author and as a reviewer!!
Authors that have submitted papers also are allowed to register as reviewers.

This, in my opinion, is a problem because any user, from any country, with any expertise may be a reviewer, and be used by an editor. Since Scientific Journals need reviewers with a certain degree (ours is Doctorate level), it is unclear to me why the system provides the possibility of anyone becoming a reviewer.

This should be a task for the editorial team: to be able to search the system for people with specific backgrounds and areas of interest; submit a message to people they know, inviting them to become reviewers; just register those people if they have the information and use them at will.

I hope that vrs 2.x solves this promptly.. We are having problems with undergraduate students registering as reviewers.
ramon

Re: Readers registering as authors and reviewers

Postby bollini » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:15 am

This is not a very problem the editors are allow to view reviewer profile before chose! However you can disable the links in the user's page with the follow instructions
file: admin/user/index.php
change line 136
to: if(!isset($roles[author]) && 0) {
change line 143
to: if(!isset($roles[reviewer]) && !validEditor() && 0) {
bollini

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion