OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Highlited items in submissions in review

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Highlited items in submissions in review

Postby rokc » Thu May 29, 2014 4:30 am

Hi!
I have a problem regarding submissions in review list. I have some papers that are highlited but when I open certain paper there is nothing to do (no action is needed) or I am missing something...
Here is an example. Can you help me?
example_rok.jpg
example_rok.jpg (133.41 KiB) Viewed 281 times

Thank you!
Rok
rokc

Re: Highlited items in submissions in review

Postby asmecher » Thu May 29, 2014 7:54 am

Hi Rok,

What is their highlight status? There should be a legend explaining these below the submission list.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby rokc » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:58 pm

Hi Alec!

This is how it looks like in table of papers:
ojs_help.jpg
ojs_help.jpg (13.13 KiB) Viewed 248 times

And these are the notes that are written below:
"Notes
Highlighted items indicate action is required by editor.
"Due" is filled in when reviewer accepts request to review; it displays number of weeks to review's due date or (-) weeks that it is overdue."

(we are using at least ver. 2.3.7 or better ).

Regards,
Rok Ciglič
rokc

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Rok,

This has been refined in OJS since 2.3.7 was released, so I'd suggest considering upgrading.

For OJS 2.3.7, the conditions for indicating a highlighted submission are implemented here:
https://github.com/pkp/ojs/blob/ojs-2_3 ... c.php#L483

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion