OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Replacement of the author file version

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Replacement of the author file version

Postby primozs » Wed May 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Hello,

I have a question about author changing authors version of the submission file. The point is our authors very often submit a submission with the original file not following requirements and needs to be replaced by the author. How to do that?

The only way I found and we are using is that authors go to the review page and upload new file under "Upload Author Version". After that the editor "makes a decision" to "Resubmit for Reveiw" and selects the new authors version as review version. That works quite OK, the problem is that the review round is increased and becomes round 2, although there was no round 1 review. And that confuses our editors.

Now, the question I have is how to achieve that the authors replace the submission file and at the same time send this new file into review without increasing the review round, that is to keep it round 1 if there was no review done yet.

Regards, Primož
primozs

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion