OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Keywords: limited space?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Keywords: limited space?

Postby ivolt » Mon May 26, 2014 7:17 am

I have articles that have more keywords than the system allows for the keyword field, also keywords in multiple languages. Is there a way to solve this problem, i.e let the system allow more space for keywords?
ivolt

Re: Keywords: limited space?

Postby asmecher » Mon May 26, 2014 7:43 am

Hi ivolt,

What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ivolt » Mon May 26, 2014 7:57 am

I am not the site admin for this journal so I can't be absolutely sure, but the page journal/about/aboutThisPublishingSystem says it's 2.3.8.0.

Ivo Volt
ivolt

Postby asmecher » Mon May 26, 2014 8:31 am

Hi Ivo,

That's an older version and you should consider upgrading -- but I don't believe the aspect of OJS you're asking about has changed. The length limitation is just in the HTML markup, so if you (or your administrator) modify the submission form to remove the maxlength="255" attribute from templates/author/submit/step3.tpl (this is the author's Step 3 submission area), and likewise for templates/submission/metadata/metadataEdit.tpl (the metadata edit form), the restriction should be removed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ivolt » Mon May 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Thank you, I will try this. I think, however, that this could be changed by default in the next releases.

Ivo Volt
ivolt

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion