OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reading problem with PDF in my app

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Reading problem with PDF in my app

Postby eduardoarencibia » Tue May 13, 2014 9:38 am

hi, when I try to read my articles pdf in my ojs gives me an error: something about the browser and plugins and so on.. but I can read perfectly in others ojs pdf articles with the very same browser, so it´s not firefox, which I use, but something about my ojs or maybe how I put the pdf on it.
can any of you help me on that??
thanks very much
eduardoarencibia

Re: Reading problem with PDF in my app

Postby asmecher » Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 am

Hi eduardoarencibia,

Can you provide details? What version of OJS are you using, what is the error message you see, what browsers work and what ones don't? If your installation is public and open access, can you provide a link to a URL that demonstrates the problem?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby eduardoarencibia » Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 am

hi, I´m using OJS 2.3.7.0, it´s public, http://cfores.upr.edu.cu/index.php,
I´m using Firefox 27.0, for instance pkp demonstration it´s perfect, I can read the pdf version of the articles, but I can´t do it with my own magazine.

I´m wroking with ojs only in spanish for now, so the error is in spanish, sorry:

El archivo PDF que ha seleccionado se debe cargar aquí si su navegador Web tiene un lector de PDF plug-in instalado (por ejemplo, una versión reciente de Adobe Acrobat Reader ).
Si lo prefiere, también puede descargar el archivo PDF directamente a su ordenador, desde donde se puede abrir usando un lector de PDF. Para descargar el PDF, haga clic en el enlace de descarga.

Si desea obtener más información acerca de cómo imprimir, guardar y trabajar con archivos PDF, Highwire Press proporciona un enlace de Preguntas más frecuentes sobre los archivos PDF .
eduardoarencibia

Postby asmecher » Tue May 13, 2014 10:33 am

Hi eduardoarencibia,

I'd suggest getting a developer tool like Firebug and using it to debug your site. It looks like there are local modifications there that cause Javascript errors; when the browser encounters these it can cause later Javascript not to execute, including the PDF embedding plugin initialization code.

OJS 2.3.7 is getting old, so you might also consider upgrading -- but I don't think that's what is causing this problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion