OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Deleting submissions

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Deleting submissions

Postby mel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi,
I uploaded editorials in galley format to a future issue from my desktop as "author," though I am not author, and then noticed error.

I would like to delete them and start over, but in order to see the submission, I need to go to author" and on the Summary page, under Status, thee is no Reject and Archive Submission Link
Sorry for the trouble
mel
mel

Re: Deleting submissions

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi Mel,

To reject and archive a submission, you'll need to access it via the Editor's interface, not the Author's. Authors aren't allowed to delete content once it's been submitted.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi Ale,

I understand that from the FAQ. My problem is that I submitted them as "author" and they don't appear in the list of articles that I can access as "editor"

mel
mel

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi Mel,

Either the submissions are incomplete (meaning the author didn't complete the 5-step submission process), or they'll appear in one of the Editor's 4 queues (Unassigned, In Review, In Editing, Archive). If it's the former, then you'll be able to delete them as Author; if the latter, then archive them as Editor and delete them from the Archive. (Note that Section Editor won't be sufficient for this purpose.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:55 am

Alec.docx
picture snip of screen
(57.75 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Alec,

The articles do not appear in any one of the Editor’s 4 queues.
They all appear in the author’s section, and status says “in editing” though they do not appear in the editor’s “editing queue.

Thank you,

Mel
mel

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 am

Hi Mel,

What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:15 am

Hi Alec,

I found this on the home page in About this Publishing System:

This journal uses Open Journal Systems 2.3.7.0, which is open source journal management and publishing software developed, supported, and freely distributed by the Public Knowledge Project under the GNU General Public License.

Is there another place to look?

mel
mel

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:39 am

Hi Mel,

Eventually you should consider upgrading -- OJS 2.3.7 is quite an old release.

Would you be willing to grant me temporary editor access to your journal to take a look?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:01 am

Hi Alec,

Yes to both:

What do I have to do to give you temporary editor status? How do I do it?

What has to be done to upgrade to a newer version? I can't do it myself. I need to ask the IT people at my school to do it.

mel
mel

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am

Hi mel,

You can create new Editors in Journal Management > People > Editors; create a test account there and PM me the credentials.

Upgrade instructions are in docs/UPGRADE; you can pass those along to your tech contacts.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion