OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Article in Table of Contents not hyperlinked

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Article in Table of Contents not hyperlinked

Postby jensbruunkofoed » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:44 am

Hi!

I have just published an article in our OJS using the same procedure as always, but for some reason the article is not hyperlinked in the table of contents. Can anyone tell me why and guide me to a solution? I have worked on it for two hours now and simply cannot find out how to fix it.

Best,
Jens Bruun Kofoed
www.see-j.net
jensbruunkofoed

Re: Article in Table of Contents not hyperlinked

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 am

Hi jensbruunkofoed,

Can you provide a screenshot or a link to the issue (if it's open access)? I'm not sure whether you're referring to the article landing page, or download formats (like galleys), or something else.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jensbruunkofoed » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:17 am

Hi!

Sorry for not being precise. If you go to http://www.see-j.net you'll se the table of contents of the current issue, and whereas the title of the first article is hyperlinked, the second is not. The "PDF" is hyperlinked, but most people will probably first try to click the title, so it's quite annoying that I can't get the title hyperlinked. I am usually shortcutting the editing process, but this time I have tried to publish the article both ways and none of them work.

Best,
Jens
jensbruunkofoed

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:44 am

Hi Jens,

Does that article have no abstract? If so, that would explain the lack of hyperlink.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jensbruunkofoed » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 am

Aahh! How embarassing! Thought I could upload the abstract later. Thanks a lot. Now I'll be able to sleep tonight!
Best,
Jens
jensbruunkofoed

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion