OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

CrossRef - Export articles

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

CrossRef - Export articles

Postby ledadmin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:00 am

Hi,

we are about to join CrossRef but first we are trying to see how the OJS CrossRef Export Articles works.
In the metada of the articles we inserted the references but not yet DOIs.
Which is the correct way to insert DOIs in order to be exported in the XML file which then must be uploaded in CrossRef?

Thank you very much!

Tiziana
ledadmin

Re: CrossRef - Export articles

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:46 am

Hi Tiziana,

Have you seen the DOI system documentation? It's in the wiki:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/DOIPlu ... umentation

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ledadmin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:46 am

Dear Alec,
I did not express clearly my question. Sorry about that.
We have no problem in creating the XML file to register the DOIs that are given to the articles that we publish in our journals.

The problem appears when we export the XML file for crossref: the DOIs cited in the references are not included in this file. The only DOI visible is the one assigned to the article.
In crossref you can deposit also the DOIs cited in the references (called citation list): how can I export a citation list?

Thank you very much
Best regards
Tiziana
ledadmin

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:09 am

Hi Tiziana,

That's a work in progress -- I'll ask one of our other devs to comment more specifically.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ledadmin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:45 am

Dear Alec
thank you very much! I hope it will soon be done because it would be a very useful tool. :)

Best regards
Tiziana
ledadmin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion