OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Using URLs in list of references

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Using URLs in list of references

Postby primozs » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Dear,

I have a question regarding using URLs in the metadata list of references. In the list of references there are very often URLs to certain articles (like DOI links). We would like to have those URLs enabled as links so a reader can click on it to follow it. What we have is only plain text and readers have to C&P URL into browser to follow the link. Any idea how to solve this issue?

Well, maybe we are trying to use OJS in a wrong way. If so, please let me know how to get the referenced URLs working.

Regards, Primož
primozs

Re: Using URLs in list of references

Postby primozs » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:25 am

Hello,

Interesting, 19 reviews, but no answer or comment. Somehow I believe either I don`t know how to setup OJS correctly or I don`t know the concepts behind the OJS. So far we are able to enable using URLs (with a mouse click) in the list of references in PDF files. So I cannot believe that OJS is not able to provide the same function. That is I cannot believe that OJS doesn't provide a way of mouse click to follow the URLs in the list of references in metadata.

Can I get at least your opinion or thinking on this?

Regards, Primož
primozs

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 am

Hi Primož,

Please be patient -- we're a small team. See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6817&p=45306#p45306 for one suggestion.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby primozs » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Alec,

Thank you for reply. I am sorry to be so pushy. I wanted to encourage others (not only PKP team) to let me know their opinion.

Thank you for the hint. I will try to play with the code.

Regards, Primož
primozs

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion