OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Supplementary files reading tool error

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Supplementary files reading tool error

Postby DylanMaltby » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 am

I was recently contacted by the editor of a journal that my company hosts who said that his supplementary file reading tool was not correctly displaying his supplementary files. Here is the example he gave me: http://journals.tdl.org/icce/index.php/ ... /view/6807

He mentioned the the supplementary files can be accessed using the indexing metadata tool, but didn't think that most people would think to look there.

I did some searching and found this thread on the forum: https://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=9425 Which seems to discuss the same issue. The solution offered here is to update OJS to the next version, and that worked, but they don't mention which version they updated from or to. We host multiple instances of OJS, and prefer to keep them all at the same version (currently 2.3.7). Because of this, if I need to update this one I would probably update all of them, and before I take that step I wanted to verify that this was the best option, or see if there are other options available.

Thank you for your help!
DylanMaltby

Re: Supplementary files reading tool error

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 am

Hi DylanMaltby,

It looks to me like the template in the "Supplementary Files" pop-up is getting truncated. If so, you should see a corresponding error message in your PHP error log. Alternately, check the OJS 2.3.7 recommended patches list -- bug #7410 listed there looks likely.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion