OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to include the round number in email template

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to include the round number in email template

Postby lixh » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:14 pm

Dear Sir,

I usually put Manuscript Number as MS {$articleId} in email template, but I don't know how to put round number in it. I tried {$round}, but it seems doesn't work.

One more problem is for the papers in Editing, very often I want to know which paper is just accepted, but there are only submitte, copyedited, layout edited and proofreaded, there is no option as accepted.

Could you please help me to find out how to make it.

Thank you very much in Advance!

Regards,
Xianghua
lixh

Re: How to include the round number in email template

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 am

Hi Xianghua,

Various email templates will have different variables available to them; {$round} will work in some email templates and not in others. Which template do you want to include this in?

Regarding "In Editing", I assume you're talking about the Editor's list of submissions that are in editing. Are you interested in adding the date of acceptance as a column, or something else?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby lixh » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Dear Mr. Alec Semester,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

For the email template, take REVIEW REQUEST SUBSEQUENT as an example, for the email subject "MS {$articleId}: Article Review Request", I hope it can be like "MS {$articleId}: Article Review Request ({$round} round review)" to notify the referee this is not a new submission.

For the second question, I think if there a choice like "accepted" between date1 and date2 will be great, it will much convenient for me to know which one is new accepted.

With Best Regards,
Xianghua
lixh

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi Xianghua,

To add the {$round} variable to those email templates, edit classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorAction.inc.php. In the notifyReviewer function, around line 265, see the list of email variables:
Code: Select all
$paramArray = array(
    'reviewerName' => $reviewer->getFullName(),
    'weekLaterDate' => $weekLaterDate,
    'reviewDueDate' => $reviewDueDate,
You can add an additional one to the list:
Code: Select all
    'round' => $reviewAssignment->getRound(),

The second question will require some development on your part, if you're familiar with PHP. In pages/sectionEditor/SectionEditorHandler.inc.php, see the "index" function; for the "in editing" list, it calls SectionEditorSubmissionDAO::getSectionEditorSubmissionsInEditing. The date search field is fetched and passed into the DAO there; in the DAO side of things, the field is turned into a database column in the getSectionEditorSubmissionsInEditing function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby lixh » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:01 am

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind help!

I resolve the first problem now, but it seems hopeless for the second one because I am not familar with PHP.

Regards,
Xianghua
lixh

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion