OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Arbitrary sorting of TOC

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Arbitrary sorting of TOC

Postby sqro » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:24 am

At this moment for the readers OJS sorts TOC of an issue grouped by the section. Is there any way to get it sorted in different way - like by page number or even better in an arbitrary order as it can be seen by the editor?
F.e.
I have two sections - regular papers and journalism.
I have editorial at the beginning of the issue - journalism
Some regular scientific papers in the middle
At the end of the issue I have a list of reviewers for the whole year - journalism again
And this is intender order for the TOC - sadly both journalism class paper are grouped in TOC so i have an intro and outro blocked in illogical way

Sorry if this was already discussed -I googled and did not find.

regards and again thanks for the Team for great work You are doing
sqro

Re: Arbitrary sorting of TOC

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:12 am

Hi sqro,

If you'd like to display content in a way that has the same section repeating several times, then you'll need to consider a code modification. The function to look at is in classes/article/PublishedArticleDAO.inc.php and it's called "getPublishedArticlesInSections"; as you can see from the SQL query there, the sorting is hard-coded to section sequence (a combination of global and issue-specific issue sorting) and article sequence (used to order articles within sections).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Arbitrary sorting of TOC

Postby sqro » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:24 am

Thank You for reply - well i won't decide to modify the code - I didt it once with joomla and later applying patches was a little bit complicated.

regards
Przemek
sqro

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion