OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Books for Review and Access restrictions

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Books for Review and Access restrictions

Postby ojsed » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:32 pm

I would like to give two people access to a (new) Book Review Section: the Book Review Editor and the Book Review Assistant. I created these two users and assigned them to this section. However, I would like to restrict their access to other sections of the journal (e.g., Articles). How do I do that?

Also, how do I make the Books for Review link (plugin) appear in the Book Review Section or under the Book Review Editor's User Home page? It now appears in Editor Home, but not in the User Home page of the two Book Review people. I’d like the Book Review Assistant to create/input the books received for review, without having to go through the Editor’s Home page.

Sorry if this is naïve.

Thank you in advance.
ojsed

Re: Books for Review and Access restrictions

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:06 am

Hi ojsed,

To permit users to only work with content in certain sections, use the Section Editor role; this will only allow these users to access the specific content to which they have been assigned.

As for your specific question about Books For Review, I'll pass that along to the developer who wrote that part of the code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ojsed » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:32 am

Much obliged, Alec!!
ojsed

Postby michael » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi ojsed,

The editorial and management side of the plugin is restricted to users with a full Editor role -- it cannot be mapped to a specific journal section or set of Section Editors (although we may consider this addition in future versions if there is sufficient demand).

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby ojsed » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Thank you, Michael!
At least I won't be trying to do the impossible.
It seems to me this would a useful feature. Book Review Editors don't always work with the Editor and their functions can be usefully separated.

Best,
ojsed
ojsed

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion