OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

how we can set a new limit for indiviual subscribtion

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

how we can set a new limit for indiviual subscribtion

Postby rabinson » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 am

Hi Colleague;
I want to restrict our website users to a specific and predefined Article, for instance in the fig1 I defined a special subscription type, e.g. individual type, then in fig2 I assigned this type to a specific user, now I’m eager to limit the mentioned user more than usual, i.e. he can download only a predefined paper from an especial Issue. Please guide me how can I do that.

Fig1 :

Fig2:

rabinson

Re: how we can set a new limit for indiviual subscribtion

Postby michael » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi rabinson,

OJS does not support this subscription model -- readers with a valid subscription have access to all restricted content.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby rabinson » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:47 pm

Dear colleague;
How can I solve this problem by adding a new part to the original source code?
rabinson

Postby michael » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi rabinson,

This would require some major modifications to OJS.

In addition to adding database mappings between subscribers and individual articles, you would need to change the subscription verification code and create new management pages for creating/editing mappings.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby rabinson » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:30 am

michael wrote:Hi rabinson,

This would require some major modifications to OJS.

In addition to adding database mappings between subscribers and individual articles, you would need to change the subscription verification code and create new management pages for creating/editing mappings.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael
Do you recommend a way to restrict the user to view articles.
Thanks for your help.
rabinson

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion