OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

error message during abstract submission

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

error message during abstract submission

Postby kathavd » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi there,
I keep having trouble submitting abstracts during the submission stage (I proxy for the authors).

I get this message: Errors occurred processing this form:
•Please enter the abstract of your article. (English)

The articles are in English. I have googled a bit and have found that it may be something to do with the OJS version we are using Open Journal Systems 2.2.4.0, .

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

thanks!

katharina
kathavd

Re: error message during abstract submission

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:06 am

Hi kathavd,

Are you switching the form's langugae to something other than English before entering the data? If your journal's primary language is set to English, you must enter a title in English, and you can optionally enter titles in other languages.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby kathavd » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi Alex,
thanks for responding. Yes, it is set to English and I haven't changed it to anything else. It used to work fine and I don't know why it is not working now. We are hosting our next journal issue shortly so need this problem fixed as soon as possible. If you have any ideas on what could be wrong it would be great if you could share these with me.

thanks,
Katharina
kathavd

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Katharina,

Is it possible that your host has changed their version of PHP? If so, you may need to upgrade your installation to a more recent version of OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby kathavd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:00 pm

thank you Alec, I will contact our systems manager about upgrading to a newer version. best wishes!
kathavd

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion