OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Validation of submission

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Validation of submission

Postby gmurali » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:01 pm

I just downloaded and setup OJS. Setting up took me about 15 minutes from start to finish. Great work guys. Couple of questions...

By default all the submissions have to be in some specific format (MS-Word,...). Also I realise, that this is not actually checked by the system. I want to change the format to PDF only, and also check that the file uploaded was a PDF file.

Changing it to PDF only is simple (just modify the text in the locale/*/{admin,user}.inc.php.
I would also like to be able to check if the file uploaded is indeed a PDF file. I can write a php function which checks if a file is of a given format (one system call should do it). I can put that function in /include/fmtcheck.inc.php (new file).

My question is this: which file should be modified to call this function? (/admin/author/something?). And any thing I should look out for (so as to not break the existing code). Also I have never written code in PHP (but have done lots of scripting and shell programming).

Also, once I do this, would you add this feature to OJS version 2.0: Allow the journal configuration to specify which type of files can be uploaded and automatically check if the file uploaded are indeed of the correct type.

- Murali
gmurali

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion