OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Subscription Access

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Subscription Access

Postby bcstudiestwo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:58 am

One of our subscribers is not seeing their name in the "access provided by" section in OJS but the name of another library.

I have re-entered their IP addresses in OJS and it does show the correct IP address but it has a different library.

Why would this happen (it has happened to us here before but it self-corrected) and how is this fixed?

Thanks
Janice
BC Studies
bcstudiestwo

Re: Subscription Access

Postby michael » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi Janice,

Can you please confirm that the IP address in question is not entered for both libraries and does not exist across two subscription records -- either directly (i.e. as the exact IP address) or indirectly (i.e. as part of an IP range that would include the IP address in question in its scope)?

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby bcstudiestwo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:38 am

The IP address that are showing up under the "name" is the IP address for the library that has signed on.

The signed in IP is 128.233...

The IP's from the "name" are similar, 128.32... or 128.3... but not 128.233.

I'm assuming 128.233 does not fall into a 128.3 (or higher) range?

Thanks
Janice
bcstudiestwo

Postby michael » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi Janice,

Can you please send me a private message (PM) with the full IP address/range details of the two subscription records in question?

Thanks,
Michael
michael

Postby michael » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:37 pm

To summarize the fix for this issue:

Please double-check all IP range entries to ensure that there are no duplicates across institutional subscription records.
michael

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion