OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Deleting a section

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Deleting a section

Postby primozs » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Hello,

I would like to delete a section from a publication. I have deleted all submissions to the section, there are no published issues/articles, but when I delete a section I get following error:

Before this section can be deleted, you must move articles published within it into other sections.

I am using the version 2.4.2.0.

Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong or how can I verify, that there are no articles into this section?

Regards, Primoz
primozs

Re: Deleting a section

Postby vgabler » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 am

I tested deleting a section on our test site that is running 2.3.8. I created a section, submitted an article to that section, published the article to the current issue, and then rejected and archived that article. It does not appear in the current TOC any longer after rejecting and archiving the article. I then deleted the section in the Journal Sections portion of the Journal without receiving any error.

I also created a section and submitted a second article to that section. Without publishing the article, I then logged into the Journal Management pages to delete that section. I did not receive an error while performing this action either, and the submitted article had automatically been switched to the default Articles section while in the Editing queue.

I also submitted an article with a specific journal section, published it, and then deleted the section while the article remained published. I also did not receive an error message while doing so, and the article record in the published archives automatically switched to the default Articles.

I don't have a test installation with the version you are running, so upgrading your installation might solve this problem. I'm sorry that I don't have another solution, but I wasn't able to replicate the problem on our test installation.

all best,
Vanessa Gabler
vgabler

Re: Deleting a section

Postby primozs » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your effort and testing, although you were not able reproduced the problem.

I would like to point out one thing: I am using the version 2.4.2.0, so going to your version 2.3.8. is actually downgrade, not upgrade.

I believe it might be helpful to find the same version and test on. Could be that this problem is something new in latest version.

Regards, Primož
primozs

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion