OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Authors Revision

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Authors Revision

Postby kennymatthew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 am

Hi,

When Editor decides that the submission must be sent to the author to make revisions, is there a default time limit on OJS ? or any kinda notification built in to remind us if the author has not submitted his paper ? I am having an issue on keep track if the authors have submitted their revised papers. Please advice.
kennymatthew

Re: Authors Revision

Postby kennymatthew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 am

Hi,

Usually each article thats pending by editor or section editor is highlighted yellow. Can the same thing be done for this ?
kennymatthew

Postby kennymatthew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Can I Do something like this? Does this make sense? Forgive me if itz stupid ... page: ojs\classes\submission\sectionEditor\SectionEditorSubmission.inc.php ... Line --745

Code: Select all
            if (is_array($authorFileRevisions) && !empty($authorFileRevisions)) {
               $authorFile = array_pop($authorFileRevisions);
               $authorFileDate = strtotime($authorFile->getDateUploaded());
            }
            //The submission will be highlighted till the author submits a revised paper
            if($lastDecisionDate > $authorFileDate)   
               return $highlightClass;

if (   ($lastDecisionDate || $commentDate) &&
               $authorFileDate &&
               $authorFileDate > max($lastDecisionDate, $commentDate)
            ) return $highlightClass;
         }
      }
      return null;
   }
}

?>
kennymatthew

Postby asmecher » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:42 am

Hi Kenny,

I haven't tested it specifically, but yes, something like that should work.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby kennymatthew » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi Alec,

I tried this . It kinda works, as in when the editor makes his decision the submission getz highlighted but even after the author has submitted his revised copy the highlight is still there :( I am trying to solve it any help will surly be appreciated.
kennymatthew

Postby kennymatthew » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi ,

Now it seems to be working. Is there anyway you can test this ? Any Ideas how to go about changing the color ?

Code: Select all
//The submission will be highlighted till the author submits a revised paper Kenny
            if($lastDecisionDate > $authorFileDate)   
               return $highlightClass;
            else
            return null;

kennymatthew

Postby kennymatthew » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi,

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10103

Any chance you can test this. It seems to be working ... the submission will be highlighted(different color) only when editor decides that the paper needs to be revised by author till the author submits his revised paper.
kennymatthew

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi Kenny,

Sorry, I can't work with your code in that kind of depth, though I see Jason is following up on that thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion