OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Admin simple submit

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Admin simple submit

Postby lvilasboas » Tue May 06, 2014 7:40 pm

Hello guys!
My question may sound really simple, but I'm starting now with OJS and I've already looked up all over the internet for this and founded nothing...
Here it is: is there a simple way where the OJS admin can submit a new submission, without having to go through all the standart steps?
I'm asking it for the situation where we've already approved all the submission, manually, and just want to add it to our system.
I've also tried to do it in the system, but couldn't find a way.

In different words: I'm my OJS admin, and just want to add a submission, simply, without all those steps, just set my title, upload my files e publish it.

Once again, I'm sorry for bothering you with that, 'cause I think it may be probably very simple, but I couldn't find out how.

Thank you!
lvilasboas

Re: Admin simple submit

Postby asmecher » Tue May 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi lvilasboas,

See this document for a few different ways.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby lvilasboas » Wed May 07, 2014 5:41 am

asmecher, thank you a lot! It's basically what I was looking for.

But now, if You allow me, I've got a new question: I'm using the Quick Submission plugin to do what I asked before. But when I create a new issue, it is categorized as "future issues", and I can't publish. Even if in the "Issue" field I select "Previous issues".

Can you help me once again?

Since now, thank for all the help so far.
lvilasboas

Postby lvilasboas » Wed May 07, 2014 5:45 am

Actually, I just figured out how to publish it. Thank you!
lvilasboas

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion