OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

QuickSubmit - citation format

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

QuickSubmit - citation format

Postby jpaguilar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 am

My name is Juan Pablo Aguilar, Coordinator of Revista Medicina, Journal of the Faculty of Medicine of the Catholic University of Santiago of Guayaquil.

I'm writing this e-mail because we are implementing the OJS, to build our online version of the journal as well as to migrate to an online management and publishing platform. Currently, I'm uploading the published editions using the QuickSubmit Plugin (QSP) through the Editor- Management interface - this is what I can try to translate since we're using the Spanish version.
We are using the OJS to get the citation index provided by ISI or Google Academics needed to create the SciELO platform and improve the quality of the Journal.

I'm communicating because I've been trying to gather information about the citation format needed for the metadata QSP but I've been insuccessfull so far. No information could I retrieve at all.
There no detailed information of the procedure for this plugin in the manuals avaiable.
We are enthusiastic because with the QSP and the export plugins, the procedure will be reduced and we can get that citation very easy. But, I need the information on how to input the references- the citation format for the articles for the QSP.

So I'd really appreciate and I will be very grateful if you could help me with the citation format needed for the metadata in the QuickSubmit Plugin.

Yours faithfully,

Juan Pablo Aguilar
jpaguilar

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion