OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reminding Authors to register and tick the right box

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Reminding Authors to register and tick the right box

Postby janer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:25 am

Hello,

Recently, I have had a couple of enquiries from frustrated would-be authors, who have read the Journal for a time, decide they want to submit a paper, and find they can't. On both occasions, I found that this was because when they registered on hte site, they didn't tick the 'author' box, so this possibility did not appear on their User Home Page.

I have been thinking about where to put up some information about this. If you click the 'Information for Authors' link on the Home Page, this is what you see:

"Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting, or if already registered can simply log in and begin the 5 step process."

As Journal Manager, I have no access to this text to edit it, and add in a reminder to check their Profile before starting to try and submit a paper, and be sure that the Author box is ticked.

Is there any way of doing this please? Has anybody else had this type of problem and solved it in a different way?

Many thanks!

Janer
janer

Re: Reminding Authors to register and tick the right box

Postby vgabler » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:29 am

Hi, Janer,

You can edit this text and include any additional information or links for authors. This is located when you are logged in as Journal Manager. Under the Journal Management Pages > Setup > Step 5 The Look > Section 5.7 you will find the stock OJS text and the ability to edit this text.

All best,
Vanessa Gabler
vgabler

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion