OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Notify Section Editors of new submissions

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Notify Section Editors of new submissions

Postby jmax » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 pm

If an editor manually assigns a submission to a section editor, this happens by way of a notification e-mail (with on eof those handy URLs that the section editor can click to go directly to the submission).

BUT if there is a single Section Editor for a section, and a submission arrives, the Section Editor is automatically assigned, and no such notification e-mail is sent.

Is there some way of triggering that assignment notification without needing the explicit involvement of the Editor?

- John Maxwell
CCSP/OMMM Project
jmax

Re: Notify Section Editors of new submissions

Postby Thalamus » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:12 am

I actually just sent a similar topic in another thread (see below)
In my case, section editors are automatically selected - even if there are several available per section.

...> My other post:
I just upgrated form OJS 2.1.1.0 to 2.2.2.0 and I realized after the first manuscript submission since then that the system automatically assigns section editors to new submissions.
Where can I disable it. I want to manually assign section editors to new submissions.
Thank you
<...
Thalamus

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Hi John,

Apologies, I must've missed this post the first time around. We're currently discussing a fine-grained refinement of our platforms' notification systems -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3922 for example.

I've written your particular issue up as a bug report: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3947. Please feel free to Cc yourself to that, and post any other comments as necessary. As I wrote in the report, from what I can tell Section Editors assigned to a specific section will receive the Notification of Author Submission email as set in Journal Setup Step 3.6 -- however, this isn't a perfect solution as it's not tailored to the Section Editor as is the email you are discussing.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi Thalamus,

I answered your question in the thread you mentioned -- please try to keep questions to one thread only.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion