OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Cannot use Sample Document

Forum for PKP's Lemon8-XML.

Moderators: jmacgreg, mj

Forum rules
Questions about Lemon8-XML testing and development can go here. You may also want to check out our Lemon8 page.

Cannot use Sample Document

Postby poli.rey » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Hello!

I'm new to Lemon8-XML. After a lot of trouble with the install thing, I'm with a new problem:
When I upload the "sample_document.odt" document to L8X, it won't parse anything. Not a citation, or even the Author.
What am I doing wrong? Is there something else to do after installing L8X software?

Thanks,

Guilherme
poli.rey

Re: Cannot use Sample Document

Postby jerico » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:59 am

Hey Guilherme,

I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulties in installing L8X. L8X is experimental and we are no longer developing it. All L8X functionality is currently being integrated into OJS and later it will become part of the other PKP applications as well.

Uploading the document will not yet parse it. You'll have to go to the parse and lookup tabs to actually do something with the document data. It is also possible that you're missing install dependencies like perl or xml/xsl transformation capabilities, or have difficulties with your web access. In these cases the parsers or lookup components won't work either. Do you get any kind of error message that could help us to identify the cause of your trouble?

Kind regards,
Florian
jerico

Postby poli.rey » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:31 am

Hi!

First, thanks for helping!

Well, I'm still trying to make it work. How can I be sure if all the dependencies are installed? When I installed it, all the items were OK. And no, there's no error message :(
My problem is this: I have a lot of journals articles that I wanted to upload in L8X, so it could parse all the list of citations for me. I wanted to do it automatically because some articles has a lot of citations. After that, I would have all my journals' citations in XML format to work with as I wish.
Is it possible to do it using L8X?

Thanks again,

Guilherme
poli.rey

Postby jerico » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:43 am

Hi Guilherme,

poli.rey wrote:How can I be sure if all the dependencies are installed? When I installed it, all the items were OK.

Ok, then we can probably assume that you have all dependencies. Did you go to the tabs and tried to process your document and citations?

The detailed steps are:
1) Click on the document you uploaded
2) Go through the Metadata, Sections and Citations steps and manually correct what was not correctly identified
3) Save the document in the format you like

poli.rey wrote:I wanted to do it automatically because some articles has a lot of citations. After that, I would have all my journals' citations in XML format to work with as I wish. Is it possible to do it using L8X?

Unfortunately I'm quite sure that this will not work. AFAIK even very high priced commercial products won't give you a fully automated XML transformation functionality. You'll have a good deal of manual work to do for every article you want to transform. L8X assists you but won't be able to automate everything.

Florian
jerico

Return to Lemon8-XML