OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can Lemon 8 be installed on Windows WAMP server?

Forum for PKP's Lemon8-XML.

Moderators: jmacgreg, mj

Forum rules
Questions about Lemon8-XML testing and development can go here. You may also want to check out our Lemon8 page.

Can Lemon 8 be installed on Windows WAMP server?

Postby ssoler » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:13 am

I am trying to install it on WAMP. The tables in MySQL gets created, but no user/login directory exist. Can this be done?
ssoler

Re: Can Lemon 8 be installed on Windows WAMP server?

Postby mj » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi ssoler,

Users are created when you install L8X, in the "users" table in the database -- there is no directory required. You can create any number of users during installation, but once installation is complete, the only way to add more is by adding them to the database directly. There's a related post on this issue here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4843

Hope this helps,
MJ
mj
Site Admin

Postby ssoler » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:24 pm

Ok I was able to create users, using the install.php, still no joy. I deleted the database and the installation recreated it, added the users in the install page and the MySQL interface, but i still get error 404. Any additional suggestions :(
ssoler

Postby mj » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi ssoler,

What page/URL are you getting a 404 on specifically? You'll have to make sure that mod_rewrite is enabled in your WAMP installation, which is often a cause of 404 errors. I'd also suggest having a look at the Apache logs and see what messages are being recorded there. If you have a public URL I'd be happy to take a look at your installation and see if something more obvious stands out.

MJ
mj
Site Admin

Return to Lemon8-XML