OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Lemon8-XML Online Demonstration Problem

Forum for PKP's Lemon8-XML.

Moderators: jmacgreg, mj

Forum rules
Questions about Lemon8-XML testing and development can go here. You may also want to check out our Lemon8 page.

Lemon8-XML Online Demonstration Problem

Postby Adam » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:48 am

Hi,

I've been trying to use the online demonstration instance of Lemon8-XML but I'm having some problems. Every time I try to upload a file, my test file, or some other, no matter what file type it is, I get the same error. For a couple of seconds an error page flashes which says "Error saving document to DB" and "Please provide a valid document ID". I get this error no matter what file I try to upload. I checked the FAQ and elsewhere but have found no indication of what this error means or what I'm doing wrong.

Has anyone else encountered this? Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed something?

Please inform,

Adam
Adam

Re: Lemon8-XML Online Demonstration Problem

Postby mj » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:17 am

Hi Adam,

First, let me apologise for the uninformative error messages -- it is something that is definitely a known area for improvement in the beta version, and we do have a plan for much more intuitive and informative error handling in the future. The 'Error saving document to DB' message is actually somewhat rare, corresponding to a problem within the CakePHP framework, and not your document(s) in particular.

Would you be willing to pass a couple of the documents that have had this problem along to me via email? I'd like to see if I can replicate the problem with some more debugging information enabled.

Thanks,
MJ
mj
Site Admin

Return to Lemon8-XML