OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

alpha testers and a suggestion

Forum for PKP's Lemon8-XML.

Moderators: jmacgreg, mj

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

alpha testers and a suggestion

Postby errebe » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:17 am

Hello to all

Even if you don't plan to use alpha testers for Lemon8, at least for now, I would gladly apply if you come to that point later. I supervise 32 journals under OJS (http://revistas.csic.es) and I foresee Lemon8 to be of great help.

Also a suggestion. You may have this already in mind, but at the point when Bibliography is extracted from a Word document and corrected to a greater or lesser extent according to standard citation formats, would be great to have a tool allowing to export them independently in some common citation format as RIS.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the great work and best regards.

RAMON
errebe

Re: alpha testers and a suggestion

Postby mj » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:25 am

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for your comments and suggestion. We are actually approaching the public beta release of Lemon8-XML relatively soon, so hopefully you will be able to benefit from it shortly. Your idea about citation formats is well-noted -- L8X has been designed to export structured data (including citations) in any text-based format, so while we haven't targeted RIS specifically, it's certainly something that could be developed with a minimal level of effort. I'll make a note of it on the project roadmap.

Best regards,
MJ
mj
Site Admin

Re: alpha testers and a suggestion

Postby errebe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:52 am

Hola MJ. I hope we can benefit of the beta version soon. Actually, that will be a great help for many of us OJS users. And if you can include citation export in RIS and/or other citation formats, that will be HEAVEN...!!!

Thanks for the effort :)

RAMON
errebe

Return to Lemon8-XML