OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

alpha testers and a suggestion

Forum for PKP's Lemon8-XML.

Moderators: jmacgreg, mj

Forum rules
Questions about Lemon8-XML testing and development can go here. You may also want to check out our Lemon8 page.

alpha testers and a suggestion

Postby errebe » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:17 am

Hello to all

Even if you don't plan to use alpha testers for Lemon8, at least for now, I would gladly apply if you come to that point later. I supervise 32 journals under OJS (http://revistas.csic.es) and I foresee Lemon8 to be of great help.

Also a suggestion. You may have this already in mind, but at the point when Bibliography is extracted from a Word document and corrected to a greater or lesser extent according to standard citation formats, would be great to have a tool allowing to export them independently in some common citation format as RIS.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the great work and best regards.

RAMON
errebe

Re: alpha testers and a suggestion

Postby mj » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:25 am

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for your comments and suggestion. We are actually approaching the public beta release of Lemon8-XML relatively soon, so hopefully you will be able to benefit from it shortly. Your idea about citation formats is well-noted -- L8X has been designed to export structured data (including citations) in any text-based format, so while we haven't targeted RIS specifically, it's certainly something that could be developed with a minimal level of effort. I'll make a note of it on the project roadmap.

Best regards,
MJ
mj
Site Admin

Re: alpha testers and a suggestion

Postby errebe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:52 am

Hola MJ. I hope we can benefit of the beta version soon. Actually, that will be a great help for many of us OJS users. And if you can include citation export in RIS and/or other citation formats, that will be HEAVEN...!!!

Thanks for the effort :)

RAMON
errebe

Return to Lemon8-XML