OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Open Monograph Press 1.0 Released

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

Open Monograph Press 1.0 Released

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:12 pm

PKP is very pleased to announce the release of Open Monograph Press (OMP) 1.0. OMP is an open source software platform for managing the editorial workflow required to see monographs, edited volumes, and scholarly editions through internal and external review, editing, cataloguing, production, and publication. OMP will operate, as well, as a press website with catalog, distribution, and sales capacities.

This release follows a successful combined beta release and "early adopter" outreach program, and improves upon the beta release in a number of ways. It includes a number of stability bug fixes and enhancements, particularly to the production and distribution workflows, creation of ONIX for Books metadata support, and other new functional areas. It also includes multilingual support for French, Greek, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish.

Please see the full press release for details. OMP 1.0 can be downloaded here.
jmacgreg

Re: Open Monograph Press 1.0 Released

Postby rootl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:48 am

Thanks. To let all know, I have upgraded to OMP 1.0 on a Windows 2008 development server running Apache 2.2
Not the most typical configuration :)

I did a complete install/override of old files with the new files.

Exceptions: the config.php file and public/ directory.

Also, did a file compare of everything in templates/ and styles/ to see if we needed to protect any changed styles or templates.

Will let you know if we have any problems when we upgrade our live installation.
rootl

Postby everyou » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:02 am

rootl wrote:Thanks. To let all know, I have upgraded to OMP 1.0 on a Windows 2008 development server running Apache 2.2
Not the most typical configuration :)

I did a complete install/override of old files with the new files.

Exceptions: the config.php file and public/ directory.

Also, did a file compare of everything in templates/ and styles/ to see if we needed to protect any changed styles or templates.

Will let you know if we have any problems when we upgrade our live installation.

how do i find example or step by step to upgrade like you?
everyou

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:26 am

Hi everyou,

See docs/UPGRADE.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Discussion