OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Create new role conference administrator

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Create new role conference administrator

Postby vwzombie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi
I have checked the forums and I see this question has been raised some time ago - I realise that this is a non-trivial thing to do and I am still only a PHP novice but I would like to create another role within OCS. This role would be a conference administrator and would be similar to that of conference manager but the user would have responsibility for only a scheduled conference and not have access to the general management menu.
I have created a new role of subManager and changed the templates, locales, pages and classes where I have found any code relating to the roles but I am not sure if I have found it all or of any other changes I should make.
I would be grateful if you could tell me if what I am doing is possible and give me any advice at all.
Thanks
vwzombie

Return to OCS Development