OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.
Moderators: jmacgreg, michael
The OJS Technical Reference
and the OJS API Reference
are both available from the OJS Documentation
page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.Git:
You can access our public Git Repository here
. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki
You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here
You can use our Google Custom Search
to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.
Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion
subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support
I understand that the PKP developers may be devoting a little time to OCS right now. These are my top 5 feature requests. I thought that other users might also want to give theirs.
- Proper handling and linking of multi-paper presentations/symposia (ie. as in OCS 1.x) including how they are displayed both in the conference schedule and the presentations page. (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4835#p20363)
- Allow multiple payment methods (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2478#p10547)
- Allow users to see their registration/provide a receipt (see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5941)
- More flexibility in scheduler (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6110)
- Show and group by presentation type on presentations and schedule pages (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4835#p20363)
- Allow sponsor logos to be uploaded and optionally display sponsors on front page. (see http://www.imrf.info/2008/)
- Use currency symbols instead of abbreviations (see viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5807)
Oops, that was 7. Although, to be fair #1 and #5 have some overlap.
I can provide access to my code to assist with these requests (where I've done my own modifications in the past), but it is difficult for me to find every file that was touched for each item.
Web Development for the Academic Community
Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Posts: 262
- Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:48 pm
- Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Return to OCS Development
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests