We haven't migrated to OCS 2.0 yet, and will wait one year because we need more flexibility than is currently available.
1. presentation formats
- it is imperative that we are able to allow people to select from multiple presentation formats, not just single-paper or multiple-paper presentations. Our conference also allows workshops, roundtables, graduate masters sessions, and performances.
2. presenter information
- again, we need to be able to request a lot more information that is currently possible. We need fields for name, title/status/rank, department, institution, and a brief bio. It would also help if we could have a radio button field for presenters to identify themselves (professor / post-doc / PhD / MA / professional / independent scholar / sessional or lecturer). We also need the ability to make these fields required entry.
- all field names and instructions must be bilingual French/English for our association. Any built-in instructions to the system need to at least have the option of appearing in either or both official languages.
4. sorting and exporting information
- it would be a major benefit for us to be able to export only select entries, instead of all entries as is currently the case in OS 1.0.
I haven't been able to do as much in-depth work in OCS 2.0 as I would have liked but these were my primary concerns after browsing through and talking with reps from PKP. The first three issues in particular are necessary, not optional, for us to be able to properly manage our annual conference.
Thanks so much - great work thus far!