OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Support of PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.5

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Support of PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.5

Postby roball » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Does the current 2.3.x release work well also with more current versions of PHP and MySQL, in particular with PHP 5.4.x and MySQL 5.5.x?
roball

Re: Support of PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.5

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi roball,

As far as I'm aware, yes; if you have trouble, please let me know and I'll look into it ASAP.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Support of PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.5

Postby roball » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks for confirming. Just wanted to ensure before I will update to those versions because another web based software (Moodle 2.7) I am planning to update to will have these minimum requirements.

I realized I had to apply the patch from http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7544 to support PHP 5.4. Are there any other patches that must be applied so OCS will still work after updating PHP from 5.3 to 5.4?
roball

Return to OCS Development