OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Scheduling past or future editions beyond the 2 years limit

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Scheduling past or future editions beyond the 2 years limit

Postby cristianducu » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi to everyone! I am quite new to OCS, but I have experience in webdesign. I have been trying to create past and future editions for a conference hosted on my local OCS, but the date system doesn't let you set beyond the 2 years limit in the past or in the future. Is there any way to bypass this limitation? My conference is annual and I want to introduce all editions, from 2008 to 2019. Is it possible at this moment? Should I use a certain patch or rewrite a code section?
cristianducu

Re: Scheduling past or future editions beyond the 2 years li

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:43 am

Hi all,

The quickest way around this is to modify the template that includes the date chooser and use the start_year and end_year attributes to extend the date range. The relevant templates are...
  • templates/registration
    /registrationForm.tpl for the registration form
  • templates/registration/registrations.tpl for the manager's registration list
  • templates/registration/registrationOptionForm.tpl for the manager's registration option form
  • templates/registration/registrationTypeForm.tpl for the manager's registration type form
  • templates/manager/schedConfSetup/step3.tpl for step 3 of scheduled conference setup
  • templates/manager/timelineEdit.tpl for the conference timeline form
  • templates/manager/scheduler/scheduleForm.tpl for the scheduler
  • templates/manager/scheduler/specialEventForm.tpl for the scheduler's special event form
  • templates/search/advancedSearch.tpl for the advanced search form
For each of these, you'll see Smarty date chooser tags like...
Code: Select all
{html_select_date prefix="startDate" time=$startDate all_extra="class=\"selectMenu\"" start_year=$firstYear end_year=$lastYear}
In this case the start_year and end_year are already specified. You can change them e.g. to...
Code: Select all
{html_select_date prefix="startDate" time=$startDate all_extra="class=\"selectMenu\"" start_year=1900 end_year=2100}
There may be several html_select_date functions on the same page, so make sure you're looking at the right one.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Development