OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

trying to add attribute creates caching file

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

trying to add attribute creates caching file

Postby amdorino » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:30 am

Hi, I read quite a lot of pages about artchitecture in the wiki site, such as
http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title= ... jects_(DAO)
but I still have several questions about adding a new translated attribute:
1. Does any new attribute requires tinyMCE code generation: following the currenct code and duplicating and then changing doesn't work: I get ##name## and not the desired key translated although I changed the en-US xml files and all the occurences of this attribute. It seems there is something else, Can someone who added new attribute even without translating it, explain how to do it, and if it can be used only by simple code modification.
2. I disabled cache in the config file but still I get long file name recreated (fc-<alphanumeric string>)
Is there another config definition to stop creating cache files while programming?
3.Any guideline of "HOW DO I" create a new attribute will be appreciated. I don't create new classes, only add new attributes in it, and these attributes have no deeper use - it is the same as the current attributes.

Thank You
amdorino

Re: trying to add attribute creates caching file

Postby asmecher » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:54 am

Hi amdorino,

Simply adding the new key to the locale file should be enough; however, some locale files are loaded only in certain circumstances. Which file are you changing? Also try running your locale file through an XML validator to check for typos.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Development