You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

More than phases of submission?

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

More than phases of submission?

Postby murphywong » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:32 am

Dear all,

I've have installed and used OCS for a few times. I have 2 questions/suggestions to the OCS developers:

Is it possible to iterate the submission into more than one phase? At the moment, after doing a submission and review, we have to accept submissions and put it up as presentations. Can we ask the authors to resubmit a revised version and do a second round review (based on the first round) before accepting them as presentations? We find that in many cases the submissions will need to be revised quite often. We want to separate the first submission files and second submission files by a more clear-cut phase if possible on the GUI.

Second, could we include an automatic reviewers allocation function on the OCS? Cause I find that the process of inviting people to take up the reviewer job by email may be too long. Some people refuse to pick up the job and sometime people saying that they are not familiar with a particular field. Is it possible to let reviewers to state their area of interests and do a mapping automatically?

Thanks a lot.

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion